28.12.08

GEtting ready for the kittens

Ulla is growing, it seems that every time I look at her she just got more rounded. She has trouble finding sleeping position, and in a way she reminds me of a whale on Australian beach.

We are getting ready for the kittens, today the whelping box was made and painted lilac-pink. For now, Meke is the only one using it. Ulla still prefers top of the closet as her hideaway, but I hope she will change her mind soon.

We have all things ready, homeopathic remedies; for mum and for kittens, flashlight, as because of the harsh weather conditions we are running out of electricity every now and then, absorbent pads, sheets, disinfectant, scissors...and who knows what else, all prepared in my bedroom on the table.
The only things missing are scale and nose suction for babies.

I am grateful to breeder friends who left me their phone number and said I can call anytime.

As the day is coming closer, I must say I am really getting excited. I am looking forward to meeting kittens finally.

Ulla has changed a lot, she is constantly looking for company. She likes to have her belly patted gently, and if she can, she will sleep in such a way that she parks her belly on my hand. And she has turned allof her engines on, so she purrs and purrs and purrs. Like she is trying to make up for her childhood when she was too busy to purr, or do anything feminine.
I did not feel babies moving yet...but there is time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh... this is so exciting! I really hope all will go smoothly and you'll just have to wait and watch!
    Anyway, you're better prepared than an emergency clinic so don't worry! :-)

    Oh... by the way... you can add my phone number to the list if you wish! I usually forget to turn my phone off at night... although I should know better after being called at midnight by some US people looking for kittens... ;-)

    Warm wishes and good luck!
    Serina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I am on my way to write you a message on facebook and beg for a number. You know how I feel about your advice :):)

    ReplyDelete