30.12.08

Kittening box

I said I did not buy anything for my cats for Christmas, but I did make something...it cannot be considered a gift as it is meant for the next generation.:)
Scroll down for photos. (more can be found under our facebook profile, Umpertoeko Recknagel)

Yesterday it was painted, today I have finished the interior part.

A sheet of foil was put on the bottom, for thermal insulation, then a towel and a sheet to make it soft and cosy, absorbent pads, another sheet, and blanket on the top.
When the time comes I have planned to strip away the layers.

It is meant for Ulla, but boys adopted it right away, at the moment both of them are sleeping in there...while Ulla sleeps in my lap and purrs.
It is such a pleasure, I have to enjoy while it lasts, when kittens come I suspect she will no longer be the sweet dependent little bug.

And now...let me present you...our whelping box:)
Above view

Side view

No comments:

Post a Comment