15.3.09

Fuzzy has chosen her parents

We have had a kitten visit yesterday.
It did not feel like a kitten visit, it felt like a couple of old friends came by and Fuzzy just belonged with them.
Fuzzy will have a very nice home, she will not be alone after moving to her new family, her dad will stay at home with her for a while, and later on even might take her to work with him. Her mum will join the club of chicken grinders, and if Fuzzy ever gets sick, she will be treated with homeopathy, as we used to do it.
We will stay in contact, and we can com to visit her anytime we want.

I thought that letting kittens go will be very hard. And in a way it will, when I saw the first look Fuzzy and her mum exchanged, I had tears in my eyes.

But seeing the joy in the eyes of the new owners, and listening them talk about the things they will do to make Fuzzy's life nicer, made me feel warm inside.
In one instant it all made sence, troubles we had to find a proper match for Ulla, fear over Ulla's health after her pyo, complications with Watusi, satisfying Ulla's cravings during pregnancy ( one word- quail...as much as she can eat ), endless hours of delivery, the struggle for Fuzzy at the beginning, sleepless nights, fight to make her eat, cuddling with her and others under the blanket, every little thing we did and do for them out of love...it all makes sence when you see how appreciated she is for what she is growing to be. A treasured, pampered family member with wonderful life.

Before yesterday I was starting to suspect if my standards for new kitten owners were too high, and if our selecting procedure is too strict. But now I am relieved as I know that there are other people out there who will care for our babies like we do.
And I am relieved, as I will always feel responsible for wellbeing of every baby that has started its life in our home.

The only thing I feel sad about is Ilmari, as I know he will have a hard time when Fuzzy leaves.
Wehn he saw that Fuzzy has chosen her new mum, he tried hard to seduce them too, settled to sleep next to Fuzzy in her mum's lap, and did all he could to show them how much he loved Fuzzy. It was bitter sweet to watch his atempts, funny on one side, as he went as far as to sit on her head, but a bit bitter, as it reminded me on scene from orphanage when a brother tries to convince new parents not to separate him from sister.

I always worry about each kitten, but somehow I know that each girl is capable of finding her place under the sun. Even the gentle and modest Fuzzy, as she has the wisdom of a zen master.

But looking at Ilmari I see Harski as a kitten, resembelance is stunning, from looks to temper. He is growing into a feline version of A.I. with endless, unconditional love for his owners, and deceiving wild looks.

Once Harski jumped of the pier as Samo was leaving in a boat and he could not stand to be left behind. He did it without, he saw boat leaving and he knew he had to be with his human...so he jumped, risking to fall into the water.
I see a spark of it in Ilmari too. And I will do all I can to help him find a family who appreciates him.

No comments:

Post a Comment