27.3.09

Sophia Rose has had an accident

Sophia Rose has had an accident today, she felt while coming down from the cat run.
She has injured her back part and behind leg. It does look pretty bad, but vet is convincing us it can look bad and end up just fine.
Kittens have started to climb everywhere and I assumed that if they are able to climb up, they will be able to come down safely.
How wrong I was:(

I confess I panicked when I saw her limping, I was all tears and my brain shut down.

We are taking her to the vet clinic in Slovenia, and we hope for the best.
At home decision has been made, even if the worst scenatio happens, she will stay at home as loving pet.
We have lost a kitten, 5 years ago, due to the elbow fracture, a vet decided to put Max asleep. At the time we did not know better, and we trusted our local vet.
He was even so rude to say I am making a too big drama out of it, as it is only a cat.

We have learned the lesson, unfortunatelly the hard way, and this time we will do all in our powers for Sophia to get the best posible treatment.

I gave her Rescue remedy, Arnica 30 c, a drop of Metacam to take the pain away, and now we wait for the orthopedic surgeon to start working at 4 pm to take her to clinic. She is sleeping now, and does not seem to be in pain at the moment.

Other kittens are fine, they are at this time closed in my brother's bedroom where there is no place they can climb.
I am a bit paranoid now, even a ceiling tall cat tree we have on the coridor which they have been climbing for over a month now, looks like a treat to me.

I know accidents happen and I will have to let them go again to live their lives, I am just to afraid to do so at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment