25.1.09

Babies are starting to play !

Little dumplings and cats wannabes as babies are known in our family at the moment are starting to resemble real cats.
They are starting to play, yet a bit unsure on their feet, but ready to attack Ulla's paw, climb on eachother, chew on Ulla's whiskers or actually chew on anything at the moment as their teeth are coming out. Their mouth look like a batman sign at the moment, if you concetrate on the yellow part. :D

We are having some internet connection problems, and I apologise for not writing every day. I am connected through the dial up at the moment...yes, the thing actually still exists....and not only in museums.

But I have had my hands full for some days and would probably not have much time to write anyway. I apologise to all who wait for their emails to be replied, I promise to sort it out his week as soon as I can.

Ulla developed mastitis, it happened so fast, in afternoon she was fine and in the evening, she already had a bump of madarine size around her lowest right breast. It spreaded all the way to inguinal aerea and did not look nice. I am grateful for the advice from girls on the NBA again, and to my dear friend who is breast feeding at the moment.
I did not dare to risk with homeopathy, as it was late at night and I could not get remedy for at least 24 hourse, and it really was all purple and hard as a rock, I waived a white flag and gave her antibiotics, penicilin with clavulonix acid.

I was up with most of that night massaging and changing cabbage leaves and compresses. Kittens helped their mum too, once the milk has started to pour they loved it. Especially the little purple girl, who was staying behind before but gained over 20 grams that day!

I was not sure if I was doing the right thing with letting babies suckle on it, but I let them follow their natural instincts as the milk looked normal in colour and thickness.

I am glad to say, 2 days later, babies are still gaining a lot and there is not sign of mastitis.
Ulla was such a brave girl, she let me do all I had and looked at me with trust, like I know it all. I wish, for her and babies sake, I did. But I am learning, thanks to the nice people who watch over her as guardian angels.

I feel a bit sorry for Ulla, she is really not having an easy time with babies at the moment. As their teeth are growing they are sometimes chewing on her breasts too with their gumms where premolars will come. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment