1.1.09

The New year's Eve

I spend the New Year's Eve at a friend, while cats stayed at home and had a private party.
My mum was watching over Ulla, in case she went into delivery, she would call me and I would return home. They had the most adventurous night, with Ulla sleeping under her blanket and escaping every time my mum would fall asleep, then she would wake up and chase the little gremlin to bring her under the bed cover again...we try to have her close during the nights so we can feel if contractions start.

When I returned home, 3 worried and a bit hurt faces greeted me on the entrance doors. Harski came to sniff me, just to check I am ok, and then he announced he is ignoring me for abandoning him. Meke was jolly happy I came, he went to use the toilet and then eat ( yes, he must picture me as some kind of enzyme he cannot process food without ), and Ulla was asleep.

I felt a bit guilty a bit for leaving them, so I took out a new wonder from the basket of gifts we were sent for Christmas from Marjo and Eija..I took out the squeaky mouse that I was trying to find for them for some time. Harski loved them while growing up, when we bought him the first one he would not leave it alone until it squeaked out, so to say.

I must have been tired, under impression of the New Year's arrival or just blond... as I have no other explanation where on Earth my mind was when I pulled out that little tag from the mouse.
Sure Ulla loved it, she played with it for hours...while I just pulled the blanket over my head and dreamed of Tom and Jerry.

I am not sure how long did it take before she felt asleep to, but the first sound I heard in the morning was squeak-squeak....

Ulla is even bigger than yesterday, I honestly hope the kittens will come out soon...or she will just explode.

Wishing you a lovely day...and remember...do not let the cats have the squeaky mice after you return from a party, no matter what they tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment