18.1.09

Being a mother and being yourself

I was amased how has Ulla changed since the babies came. My little Eve from Wall-E cartoon has turned into Sarah Connor :D

I was missing the little bug, house was so quiet, and boys seemed so happy, they were free to sleep where they chose to, sneak under the blanket, play with whatever toy they chose or just slowly eat without the rush that somebody will come and in piranha style empty the plate.
Life was good and in balance.

( I have this strange feeling that my cats are secretly ploting and scheming how to get rid of the others and have me all by themselves again.:D )

Today I heard the sound of the squeaky mouse and I realised the same second we are in trouble again. A whirwing came out of my bedroom, squeaky mouse was all over the place and all I could see was some spotts blurred from speed running around the house. Mask style.
Ulla is back :)

It felt so good, like the old times. Even boys joined her, and they were running and playing, climbing up and down the cat tree, bringing me toys.

It was not quiet, but I love it that way. The ocicat way.

It lasted only 10 minutes or so, but I was so glad my little Gremlin did not change. She has found a balance, a way to be a devoted mother and to be herself.
Wish it would have been that easy for us humans too :)

Could the secret to succes be in a reliable babysitter?

IMG_3134

No comments:

Post a Comment