4.1.09

Food preparation

Once in 10 days I remind myself just how much I love my cats.

I am staying in bed with flu, but yesterday a quick glance at the freezer reminded me our food supplies are almost over.
It was pure willpower that made me go out in that freezing weather and hit the meat market. I bough chickens and today it was grinding time.

I am a vegetarian myself and food preparation is the ultimate test of my love and devotion to the little gremlins.

IMG_2990
daily portions, all packed up and ready to be frozen

The only thing that keeps me going is the huge change I have seen in them. It really makes them good.
Their mouth are cleaner than ever, and it is not only their pooh that has lost the smell, but their mouth too. Their coats are shiny, bodies muscular, they have more energy (ok, not sure this is really needed in ocicat household :D) and they have never been healthier.

Ulla was never a kibble type and she was raised up on raw food.
It was interesting seeing her among other ocicats on the Ocicat Parade this year. She was bigger, more muscular, her body as hard as a tennis ball. That probably explains also why she jumps so high :D

Now when I have reminded myself of all the positive sides of raw feeding, it will be easier to go and clean up the kitchen :)

But what kind of entry would it be without sharing a fresh photo of Ulla and kittens?

IMG_2987

As you can see, kittens are still in her belly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment